Social Icons

twittergoogle plusrss feedemail https://www.facebook.com/praisedancecentral

Learn the Ministry of Dance!

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

What Certifies You As A Liturgical Dance | Praise Dance Minister?

Someone asked me, "What certifies a person as a liturgical dance minister or leader?" They wanted to know if they needed to take a class, become apart of a network, get a certificate from someone who is well known in the liturgical dance community and the like. The answer to the question is really none of the above. However, the above are helpful and they are set in place to increase our learning. We should all go through some type of discipleship pertaining to the Ministry of Dance. These schools and ministries, I believe, exists because they are founded upon a biblical principle. That is to train up in order to send forth. Jesus did it. He chose 12 who would be able to evangelize, disciple and train others in the same task. He then turned them loose to disciple the nations! I am taking a couple right now!  But to answer to the question, as servants of God, in order to be certified as a Liturgical Dance Minister all one really needs is simply a relationship with God coupled with a persons experience received from blooming where God has planted them.

To the Liturgical Dance Minister: 

God has planted each and everyone of us in the body to do a work (Mk. 16:15; Eph. 4:11-16). Brethren... work where God has planted you. We are all called to serve and we are empowered to serve through the Holy Ghost (Acts 1:8; 1Pet. 2:9). God plants us in an assembly of His people where each and everyone of our individual gifts are needed so that we all can be edified (Eph. 4). He also has us among each other so that we can be taught and trained how to use our gifts/knowledge/understanding to edify/teach/train one another (2Tim. 2:2) and to reach the lost by snatching them out of the fire (Jude 1:23). It is in this type of setting, where our gifts/talents/knowledge/understanding is constantly called upon, that we develop experience. Experience produces integrity. I would never want to sit under someone who teaches something they have never experienced or accomplished themselves. That person is not a legitimate witness. They're just a person with a great deal of information. They never put into practice the information that they teach. This reminds me of a person who say they have faith, but do nothing to prove it (James 2:14-26).

Scripture teaches us that experience is a qualifier.

Heb. 6:14 "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil." 

The underlined words use, senses and exercised speaks of experience. It could have been good experiences and or bad experiences, but one thing certain about them is that it gave the person an ability to discern both good and evil. Scripture teaches us that because of these experiences, that person is considered to be full of age; not a novice. It is to this kind of person belongs the strong meat of the Word.

Another example that I want to give you before I move on is the wilderness experience of Jesus Christ. Before He opened up His mouth to preach the Kingdom of God and how to overcome the devil, He had to experience it first. Not for His sake, but for ours (Heb. 4:15;1Cor. 10:13). Jesus is our example in all things. It is from His experiences that we are taught how to follow in His steps (1Pet. 2:21-22).

What qualifies us for our ministry is our relationship and experience that is developing each and every time we minister. When I started in Dance Ministry I had no clue what I was doing. All I wanted to do was dance the dances that I saw in my minds eye. I practiced what I saw even though I was off balance when I turned, my posture was not the best and my lines were terrible. However my heart was right and when I danced people were blessed because it was pure. I did not care what people thought about me, all I wanted to do was serve God. God used me not because of my gift, talent, or who I knew who would give me opportunities - but because I had a willing heart. If God called you He will equip you for the assignment. His calling you to the assignment...that thing He put in your heart to do has already qualified you!

In Psalms 24:3-4 King David asked the question, "who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? or who shall stand in His holy place?" the answer is that person who has clean hands, a pure heart...he who does not lift up his soul to falsehood or tells lies. That is the person who is qualified to, not only minister to people, but to minister to the Lord. Know that you are qualified today!

If you are a dance leader at your church, understand that this is the reason why your leaders trust you to lead. You have proven yourself to be faithful and good stewards of what you know, even if it is little. You had the boldness and confidence in God concerning your gift (your natural talent meshed with your spiritual gift which = dance ministry) to step out and fan into flame the gift of God that is in you with clean hands and a pure heart (2 Tim. 1:6 NIV; Ps. 24:3-4).

God has blessed your little and your faithfulness over a few things with valuable experience. This is something you can't study for, pay for, or network for. Only God gets the glory out of every experience He blesses us to have and in return we receive a stronger witness. A strong witness (your experiences) + relationship (holy lifestyle) + your call = your qualifier.

Be Blessed

Sonia Kong, PDCM


No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Fan Into Flame Your Gift!

Upcoming Conferences

 
Blogger Templates