Social Icons

twittergoogle plusrss feedemail https://www.facebook.com/praisedancecentral

Learn the Ministry of Dance!

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

SAP Your Technique!

Praise dancing for many years taught me…well, more like forced me to be creative. I mean, how many times can one recycle an expressive movement in their dance? Since I did not have the opportunity or time to learn different forms of secular dance (not implying that this is necessary, but it can be helpful), I was forced to adopt what I call SAP into my discipline.


What is SAP?

SAP simply means to strike a pose. I found this technique very helpful. I came up with it by simply looking at my praise dance wear magazines. I noticed that the models had very beautiful and graceful poses that led me to think about how that same pose can be turned into an expressive movement. After practicing the pose I began to try different ways in order to begin or end in the pose. To my surprise it worked! I have been using this technique ever since. It has opened my mind and creativity to think and worship outside the box. What are some techniques that you have tried to increase your movement vocabulary? Your comments are welcome.

Be blessed,
Sonia Kong, PDCM

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Fan Into Flame Your Gift!

Upcoming Conferences

 
Blogger Templates